We are always looking for talented, educated, experienced, and passionate people to join our team. Check out our job openings in Stockholm and New York.
Current openings: Web developer, Sales Development Associate
Web Developer – Stockholm, Sweden
February 12th, 2016
Mag+ is looking for a driven and ambitious Web Developer. You will be responsible for maintaining, expanding and scaling our WordPress site fashioning everything from the home page to site layout and function.
- Mag+ is a recognized brand in the rapidly evolving digital publishing market, fueled by a stream of exciting innovations coming from Apple, Amazon, and Google.
- We are roughly a 35 person strong company, not too big and not too small. We have good management, outstanding designers on board and a senior engineering team covering technologies like iOS, Android, Indesign, and Ruby.
- Our team greatly values pair-programming, test-driven development and software craftsmanship.
- We work in a modern ecosystem of tools and technologies including Ruby, Rails, Sinatra, Postgres, Redis, Heroku, Github, New Relic, S3/Cloudfront, Trello, and Slack.
- We work in short iterations and use retrospectives to continuously improve.
- Mag+ is owned by Bonnier AB but operates as an independent company.
- Write well-designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
- Create website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
- Cooperate closely with our web designers to match visual design intent
- We value skills, ambition and personality before an extensive experience
- In-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS and proven working experience in web programming and WordPress.
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- Good knowledge of SEO process
- Creative problem solving skills
- Ability to work, learn and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Beneficial to have web design skills
To apply for the job, introduce yourself with CV and a link to your portfolio.
Send application to Staffan Ekholm
Sales Development Associate – New York, New York
April 11, 2016
Mag+ premiered on the first iPads in April 2010 when Steve Jobs showcased the award winning PopularScience iPad App during the launch of iOS 4. Since then, thousands of mobile and tablet applications have been built on the Mag+ platform extending across all major industries and verticals.
We are looking for a Sales Development Associate that will be responsible for supporting the current Mag+ Account Executives. Daily activities will include targeted out-bounding initiatives, sales-related research and minor administrative duties related to sales. Given our collaborative environment, SDAs must be highly effective communicators and feel comfortable on the phone. They must have the ability to quickly learn about the unique business needs Mag+ can provide across a wide variety of industries (publishing, entertainment, education, healthcare, etc.).
- Targeted outbound prospecting to engage new prospective clients
- Researching potential new business opportunities
- Minor administrative work to support Account Executives
- Work collaboratively with Account Executives to ensure a smooth sales experience for new clients.
- Bachelors Degree or higher
- Interest in technology and a career in tech sales
- A track record of over-achieving goals in prior positions
- Exceptional verbal and writing skills
This is a NYC based position available immediately. We offer a competitive salary and incentives, full benefits, and the chance to work with an international company that is pushing the boundaries in digital publishing
If you are interested in this job please send your resume and cover letter to Josh Stein.