“Magnify Your World” Offers Cash Prizes, iPads and Global Exposure to Influential Leaders in Six Creative Industries”
The revolution will be digitized. Are you ready? Whether marketing a business, a book, a band, a magazine, even a movie or your own work, tablet publishing must be part of your promotional strategy in 2012. Today, mag+, one of the world leaders in easy-to-use digital publishing platforms for touch screen tablets, motivates all creatives to engage with iPad and tablet publishing with the “Magnify Your World” contest. Win one or more of eight cash prizes, several iPads, exposure to industry luminaries in their fields and the possibility of being featured in a mag+ international marketing campaign.
Entrants can submit their digital publishing passion projects in one of six creative categories to be eligible to win $1,000 and the chance to be awarded $5,000 as the Best-in-Show winner. The public will also vote via social media for a People’s Choice Winner, who will also win $1,000. Every month, a mag+ “Pick of the Month” will be showcased in a brief video and receive an iPad. The open entry period lasts until June 1. An international jury of experts will choose the final winners. Winners will be announced June 20 and featured in an upcoming mag+ marketing campaign.
The exposure to well-connected industry leaders cannot be overlooked. The winner of mag+’s last contest, New Zealander Natasha Mead, saw her entry MILK, a DIY fashion magazine exclusively for the iPad, secure her a job with Urbanity in the US.
“mag+ understands how designers want to work, and using these tools has given me the opportunity to create relevant interactive content without ever compromising the aesthetic, says Mead. “I love using inDesign with mag+ and the ability to use these tools has given me a huge advantage in my career.”
The contest categories are as follows:
- BEST IN SHOW $5,000:—Chosen by a jury from the 7 categories below.
- BOOKS $1,000: any type of book for the general public
- BROCHURES & CATALOGUES $1,000: created for corporate use including brochures, annual reports, catalogues, media kits
- COMIC BOOKS $1,000: graphic novels, comic books
- EDITORIAL $1,000: magazines, newsletters, newspapers, blogs, online magazines
- MUSIC & MOVIE $1,000: bands, filmmakers, DJs, theatres, venues, albums, documentaries
- SELF-PROMOTION $1,000: promotion of services, experience or portfolio for students, designers, photographers, writers, PR/ad/interactive/design firms, law firms, etc.
- PEOPLE’S CHOICE $1,000: (Note: NOT NECESSARY TO WIN): Social category where the winner will be chosen through public voting.