Company also Announces New Functionality and Android OS Support
NEW YORK, LONDON, MUNICH, STOCKHOLM, Nov. 29, 2011 – mag+ today announced two new offerings for its game-changing tablet publishing platform that allow more creatives and publishers to join the digital content revolution. With its new mag+ Go, a $199 app delivering a single issue, the company has lowered the barrier for catalogs, e-books or anyone with a unique publishing idea. Large publishing houses will benefit from mag+ Lead, which offers personalized creative support and unlimited publishing for one low monthly price.
Additionally, mag+ has added groundbreaking new features to its platform, including options for creating in-app music playlists as well as multiple options for publishers to custom-brand their apps and stores. Support for the 10” Samsung Galaxy, Motorola Xoom, and other tablets running the Android Honeycomb OS, is also included.
“mag+ is all about facilitating the creative process and empowering users to bring to life anything they can imagine,” said CEO, Staffan Ekholm. “By making the platform available to a wider range of designers, we’re able to help stimulate a constant flow of the sort of publications the dreamers and visionaries have been waiting for since the day the touchscreen tablet hit the market.”
- mag+ Go: (single application, single issue) – $199. One issue, one app. Design for any device, and add more operating systems or languages for just $199 each. Upgrade anytime. No cost for corrections of that single issue, ever.
- mag+ Grow: (single application, multiple issues) – $2,500 for Branded App and unlimited publishing in first five months, thereafter $500 per month for unlimited publishing, charged ONLY for publishing months. Publish multiple issues within-app store and library and get subscription management, analytics, marketing tools and more, to grow your business.
- mag+ Lead: (multiple applications, multiple issues) – $3,000 a month. Publish multiple apps and issues and get it all for one monthly fee, including unlimited app builds and publishing on any OS, personalized creative support, and virtually unlimited downloads.
Customers are able to upgrade to mag+ Grow or mag+ Lead at any time.
New Features: Music, Playlists, Email/Twitter Share, Customization and More:
Also launching today are new features for the mag+ platform. The most notable allows designers to make an in-app playlist of tracks embedded in the issue, so users can listen to the issue’s “soundtrack” anytime by playing and pausing from the app’s navigation bar.
Other changes include:
- Enhanced issue navigation, including previews of a page’s vertical scrolling length
- New embedded issue previews
- Customizable banners and menu system in the in-app store
- Social sharing via Email/Twitter, including preview images and custom URLs