21. How to install the mag+ tool correctly?
You should always quit the InDesign application before starting with the installation for mag+.
22. Can we customize the UI of a mag+ app?
Yes, mag+ provides you with the ability to customize the look and feel of its app, by allowing multiple locales, colors and control over images and texts.
23. Detail your search engine and keyword functionality.
mag+ offers two types of search functionalities within the app:
– Library Level Search: A library refers to collection of Issues. A user can perform a search for the specific Issues and descriptions within the library e.g.
– Issue Level Search: A user can search the keywords within the magazine issues. A search bar is located at the top of the window in which user types the keyword. The results show the searched keyword for every page inside the issue.
24. Can hyperlinks for additional content (e.g., web pages, videos) and promotional messaging (forms to solicit memberships) be incorporated into each issue?
Yes, Hyperlinks & Promotional Messaging can be incorporated using the mag+ tool.
25. Is there a limit on the amount of hyperlinks per page?
There is no limit to the number of hyperlinks that can be added per page.
26. Can supplemental material, such as weekly blogs, be incorporated into published issues?
Yes, mag+ provides the functionality to incorporate supplemental material such as weekly blogs into published issues using the live window feature of the mag+ tool.
27. Do you provide end-users with the ability to view the magazine in replica or mobile-friendly formats (smartphones, tablets)?
The magazines created using mag+ are in mobile friendly format for both smartphones and tablets. The content is easy to read and supports layouts for all devices including iPhone, iPad & Android devices.
The app will be a white label application using a proprietary content format for mag+. This content can be customized to all mobile friendly formats using specific templates for various device screen-sizes.
28. Is your content formatted by viewing device (e.g., smartphone, tablet and desktop)?
Yes, mag+ provides a variety of options wherein content can be formatted to specific device sizes.
You can choose to create content for base device types and the content can be gracefully formatted for other device sizes through mag+ tool.
Additionally, mag+ can export the developed content for desktops with our web export feature.
29. Do you provide all security and operating system (e.g., Apple, Android, Windows) updates for all smartphone, tablet and desktop environments?
For Android, mag+ supports from Android v4.4 and above.
For iOS, mag+ supports iOS 9 and above.
mag+ plugin is compatible with InDesign CS5 and higher and available for OS X (10.9 and above) and Windows (7 and above).
30. Do you host the digital magazines—both current and back issues—on your servers?
Yes, mag+ can host the digital magazines on our servers. Hosting of upto 1 TB per month is free and bundled in the mag+ license. If the hosting exceeds 1 TB, there is a nominal charge of $0.17/GB.
31. What is cost-per-issue for this service?
There is no cost associated with hosting the issues at mag+ servers up to 1TB per month as it is bundled with the license costs. There is a nominal charge of $0.17/GB if the hosting exceeds the 1TB per month limit.
32. What sort of marketing tools do you offer to promote new issues?
With mag+, your magazine is not piggybacked with other magazines on a common platform. Apps made through mag+ are white label applications and you are free to do the kind of branding required by them.
For marketing new issues, we offer both immediate and also scheduled push notifications for end users e.g. End users can be sent a notification whenever you upload a new issue.
mag+ provides a lot of flexibility to create subscription models and promotional offers at its end to market the content. mag+ also provides support to feature issues as featured content inside the app.
With the option to integrate with third party analytics tools such as Localytics, Omniture, Flurry, and Google Analytics, you can use the intelligence and plan to market your issues accordingly.
33. What options are available to register new subscribers?
Using mag+, you get the flexibility to create a user subscription, which can then be integrated using our Subscription APIs. mag+ also provides the ability to host internal subscriptions on its servers which can then be integrated with mag+.
34. Do you establish and maintain apps for titles in Apple and Android stores?
Yes, mag+ can create and publish apps/titles in Apple and Android stores for its customer.
We provide the app submission services where we build the app on your behalf on our publish portal and publish it on the Apple App store and Google Play Store.
35. Detail the functionality of your app (e.g., do you allow end-users to access and manage multiple back issues?).
mag+ allows end users to access the current and the back issues easily within the app library.
On purchase of mag+ License, the customer will get access to the mag+ publish portal. Through this portal, the customer can build & set up their white label app and manage Issues and the associated content through subscription and categories.
36. What sort of analytics does your system provide (e.g., page visits, time spent, search topics, user navigation, content shares)?
mag+ provides the ability to:
Check the number of successful downloads of any given issue. This includes automatic newsstand downloads as well as user-initiated downloads Track the number of single-issue purchases
In addition, mag+ tool can be integrated with third party analytics tools such as Localytics, Omniture, Flurry, and Google Analytics. This will allow you to get other information such as no. of times the article/issue was viewed, shared, opened, downloaded etc.